With the District of Columbia legalizing Internet gambling, Washington D.C. hopes to raise millions in revenues.
Having allowed online gambling, the District of Columbia has become the first US jurisdiction to do so. Contradicting the 2006 federal law, which effectively prohibited banks and credit card companies from processing payments from gambling companies; this news has come as a boon for the residents of D.C. who are hoping to raise millions just through internet.
According to the conservative estimate of the chief financial officer of D.C., this would bring in at least $13-$14 million through the financial year 2014. Jeff Ifrah, the lawyer representing online poker firms - Full Tilt and PokerStars, told the Associated Press, that both firms have announced alliances with Las Vegas casino properties in recent weeks. PokerStars is now backing a measure to legalize online poker in the state of Nevada as well.
How will this help businessmen raise money?
The law has allowed internet gambling which means that the residents can now get into online gambling business from their home, all they need is a fully functional website. Things they will need are just a start-up capital, a computer and internet connection.
How to build an online poker site?
While building a successful online poker site or any kind of online gambling site, the following must be taken care of -
- Choose an easy to remember domain name
- Find a hosting provider - Now that D.C. has legalized the online gambling, a local hosting provider can be chosen
- Hire a professional web designer - Professional web designers will charge for their services but the price is worth it. A gambling site must be professional and authentic looking to win the trust of visitors
- Maintain an "Advice" section on the website containing specific instructions, rules, guidelines and methods for visitors to play online. It is important to cater to the visitors looking for the information, as only an informed visitor can convert into a player
- Advertise your site - Let people know of your presence. Since gambling has been legalized, be the first to step into the industry and become the leader. You would need online promoters and internet marketing to advertise your website. A word-of-mouth propagation and viral marketing will be required to get visitors
Sample of few online gambling sites
If you have more enquiries regarding building an online poker site or online gambling site, contact us for a free consultancy. You may like to review the services we have provided to other online gambling sites and review our .