The internet has spread its tentacles to all the major cities and town in India, and IT companies are ruthlessly competing with each other for a slice of the pie, especially from small and medium enterprises.
Website development in India is no child’s game and a certain scientific approach is necessary to deliver the project within a budget and on time.
For that, understanding a clients need is the most important step for creating a successful website.
The following steps should be followed while building a informative business website;
- Understand the clients business and purpose of the website.
- Use the information about the clients business and it’s customers to set up the goals for the website.
- Create a spec sheet, clearly mentioning the parameters, specifications and features to be included. It helps terminate confusion.
- Maintain the website and improve if necessary to satisfy the goals of clients business.
For designing a successful website one needs to;
- Learn everything about the clients business.
- Find out the areas of profit.
- Know the clients businesses corporate hierarchy and ethos.
- Go through the product process.
- Understand the brand identity.
- Study the clients competitors.
Only after ascertaining these facts can one go ahead building the website, while keeping in mind the clients business interests.
In India, web development and domain selling business has grown exponentially in the last decade. Website development in India now forms the bulk of the business of many IT companies and is expected to generate quarter of the $ 100 billion revenue projected by NASSCOM in FY 2012.
Before creating a online website, one needs to think backward, always thinking about the goals and desired outcomes. Only after that specifications, plug-in, navigation, functionality and social media connectivity can be built into.
Goals vary from one business to another, these are;
- Direct sales or online sales: Clients looking to sell their products online.
- Generating leads: often for service-oriented businesses, i.e. doctors, lawyers, accountants, restaurants.
1.For branding purposes.
- Getting clients company’s name out into the world wide web.
- Image enhancement.
- Humanizing the company through blogs, social media.
- Highlighting charity and corporate social responsibility work done by the client.
- Communicating with current and potential customers online.
- Creating forums where customers can make comments, suggestions or even complaints.
- Accept criticism from customers and address the problem diligently.
3.Advertising and Sales.
- Generates sufficient traffic to support an advertising-based business model with attractive content and features, like; polls, games and community forums.
- All the pages and design should be approved by the client, before publishing.
- Making sure that all the features on the website works as planned. The client should test all functionality before the site goes live.
Provide support to clients any time, because they invest large capital into their website projects and are entitled to updates throughout the process.
Monitor and analyze the traffic patterns to the site, to see which feature is popular and is not getting proper visits.
Features can be quickly added, navigation improved and marketing programmes changed to deliver improved results.
Maintenance should be done regularly to constantly keep track and examine different marketing platforms and deliver the best possible traffic to the site.
Importance of spec sheet
Spec sheet is the blue print of the project. It shows exactly the services to be delivered and a time table to adhered to, for completion of each element and helps decide specific pricing. A successful spec sheet can be the blue print of future projects.
For more info Call Toll Free: +1-855-SYNAPSE or Contact Us at email@example.com