First of all, giving the site a dynamic look and feel was our concern. There were several things on our minds that we wanted to incorporate, but before that understanding the theme of the website was important. There are many websites offering numerous jewelries, but Juno Lucina was different as it offers only one product. That's why we have decided to give it an out of the contemporary look and feel. We were supposed to design the homepage and an inside page template.
The homepage of (www.jlucina.com/drupal) has been kept simple, with a dark colored background. A calm and sweet presentation of various images of the product has been incorporated. The page also proffers links to other pages. After the design has been completed, it has been integrated in Drupal to satisfy the need of an enticing frontend along with a robust backend.
More specifically, Drupal 7.x was used to develop website whereas to maintain the product catalogue and online shopping, we have used Ubercart Drupal module. The most challenging task in this project was to manage the different attributes (size, weight, price etc.) of stock; however, to manage this we have used the customized codes of Ubercart stock utility. Flat shipping feature was also expected by the client and we have used a customized module for it also.
Let's discuss the frontend and backend features and functionalities of the website.
- End users need to register with the site by entering the credentials like user name, password and email ID. Once registered, the users will be enabled to add, edit or update their profile details. Changing and retrieving forgotten password has also been facilitated.
- Registered users can order the product, and can add this to their wish list. It will be saved and they can pay for it on any later instances.
- The "order history' section has been developed to allow the user to view the details of the product that have been purchased.
- There is a left vertical menu with an option called "signature collection". This link will allow the users to view the listed products (pendant and ear rings) on the website.
- If any product is out of stock, a message will get displayed on the home page of the users.
- When a user will click on a product, along with a small image of the product, a small pop-up will invoke showing the description of the same.
- The admin of the site has been empowered to manage pages, products, and user profiles. Admin can also manage the content of the website and control the users’ activity from the given panel.
- We have enabled the admin to view the number of available stock of products; and he can also view how many orders have been placed against how much stock.
- The blog section as well as the feedbacks are also managed by the client. The ratings and comments given by the clients
- Admin manages the blogs and feedback forms; while managing ratings & comments provided by the users is also possible.
There is a dedicated blog section made available, which can be managed by the admin. The admin can post blogs from his/her end, which will be visible at the frontend. Users can read and comment on the blogs; while the Facebook “share” button will allow them to share the blogs on their Facebook profile page. A Facebook “Like’ button has also been implemented on the website.