The client came to us with his existing site and he wanted us to do some functionality enhancements in it.
Arex PHARMA is a pharmaceutical wholesaler operating in the entire European Union buying and selling EU-registered medicinal products. We strive to be the number one marketplace for these products in the EU pooling the market’s demand and supply in one place: an internet platform, working title: pharexchange.
This platform provides a collaborative space for the company's customers and suppliers. Customers can access a “virtual” inventory that carries info about all the available suppliers on the system. They can easily ask quotes of all available products in a specific country, compare prices, buy through the platform, optimize their purchased goods/ production runs for batch size and receive latest market information.
The platform covers the following features:
- Multilingual: This is a multilingual platform available in languages like English, German and Czech. English is the default language. However, we have designed the site in a way so that additional languages can easily be added during the course of the roll-out to customers and suppliers.
- Multi-currency: The platform support multiple currencies; while Euro (EUR) is the default currency mode.
- Exchange data with Microsoft Dynamics NAV: Some of the data of customers, suppliers, products as well as certain transaction data can be synced with Navision whenever necessary.
- User-role/privileges management: The platform is having three different users: customers, suppliers, and supervisors. Users from each category enjoy different UI, and they enjoy different user privileges.
- The log-in to the platform is performed on www.arexpharma.de. After successful log-in, users will be redirected to the Azure platform.