The project was about developing a website where users can portray their style statement by making their profile and by uploading images.
- The website would allow users to register by entering the following details:
- Confirm password
- Email address
- Users would be able to login using a valid username and password.
- Users would have an option to become a premium member by making an annual fee.
- Premium members profile would have an icon on their profile to differentiate them from free members.
- Users would be able to create their profile by submitting the following information:
- Upload a photo
- Location (view location via Google map)
- Users would be able to manage their profile settings by entering the following details:
- About me
- About Me(text box)
- Users would be able to upload photos in 2 or 3 sets with description in a text box.
- Users would be able to upload photos from their computer or by entering the URL of photos in their Facebook.
- Users would be able to change their email address, password.
- Users would be able to set the privacy of their profile:
- Prevent my profile from showing up in the search results
- Do not allow comments on my specific set of photos.
- Member profile would display the photos uploaded, preference results, fashion experts and expert photo preferences added by the admin.
- Members would be able to add other users to their favorites and receive notification on the updates from the favorite users.
- Users would be able to set their notification preferences:
- Top 5 Picks Notifications (everyday or three per week or once per week or never)
- Send Me Email Notifications (checkbox)
- Message Notifications (every message or limited message notification or once per day)
- Photo Comment (all comments or once per day)
- Notifications (checkbox)
- Users would be able to view percentage of profile completion and edit their profile to make it 100 percent completed.
- Users would be able to view photo set uploaded by other users.
- Users can search for photos by gender and age.
- Users can refine their search by selecting gender, orientation, location, and by keyword.
- Users can sort photos by no of preferences, last login, age and distance.
- Users would be able to view the set of 3 photos uploaded by other users and can select their preferred photo.
- Users on selecting their preferred photo would be redirected to the next set of photos. The next set of photos would have a small thumbnail of the previous set of photos with percentage.
- Users would be able to view no of preferences from other users on each photo in a set.
- Users would be able to post comments on the photos and reply on the comments.
- Users would be able to add photos to their favorites.
- Users would be able to flag a user with a reason and comment.
- Users would be able to view more photos uploaded by a user (in film strip view).
- Photos would have Facebook “like” option allowing users to like the photos uploaded by other users. Users like would be stated in their Facebook profile feed.
- Users would be able to block other users.
- Users would be able to view preference stream section with the latest preferred photos. The preference stream section would allow users to preview user’s profile and would allow users to view:
- Recently preferred photo
- No. of preferences from other users on each photo in a set
- Visit the user profile
- Prefer the photo
- Send private message
- Add photos to their favorites
- Users would be able to view most preferred photos of the day selected based on the maximum preference received in that particular day and view past winners.
- Users would be able to share photos with friends via email, Facebook, Twitter, MySpace and Bebo by sharing the link of that user’s profile.
- Users would be able to create their hotlist.
- Users would be able to browse through categories, view brands added by admin, view number of fans and add brands to their hotlist.
- Users would be able to view messages received in the inbox and view sent messages.
- Fashion Experts: Website would have a page displaying Fashion expert’s with mini bio.
- Premium Members would receive fashion experts preferences on the photo sets and 12 personal fashion tips per year.
The admin of the site can manage the following items from his/her end:
- Add/Edit/Delete registered users
- Photo preferences
- Comments on photos
- Flags submitted by users
- Fashion experts’ tips and expert preferences
- Content of static pages