The client approached us with a requirement to develop a web application that would help Admin, Proofreaders and Managers to post articles through a backend.
This is a backend system where we have implemented Text Broker APIt o put the posts in an appropriate order. The API also facilitates an action where, whenever an order marked as complete in this system, it also goes to Text Broker site as well.
The major development endeavours we took are ...
- Admin can create project into the system. Only Admin/ Manager can create projects.
- Once the project will be created, the Admin/ Manager can create the order for the same, which will be posted to the Text Broker website.
- Users can choose an author for the article.
- Using a specific cron, the system will update the order status from the Textbroker API.
- There are 7 steps process to complete an order. These are: Briefing, Editor, Edencycop, Files, Formatting, History, Export.
- Briefing is the first step to create an order. Until user (Admin/ Manager) complete this step the other will not be opened. Once this step will be finalized the order will be placed to the Text Broker API and the current step will be non-editable.
- The next steps will be updated or finalized according to the Text Broker order status or the status marked by the admin/ manager.
- From the files section users can upload related files for the current order.
- Edencycop is the process to go through the copyright program which will be maintained manually.
- History section will contain the each version of the article written by the Author or updated by the Managers/ Proofreader/ Iconographer.
- Once all these steps are completed the order will be marked as completed.
- The files of an particular order will uploaded to the S3 server.
- Implemented the Copyscape API.
- Integrated the textbroker API on live mode.
- Published the site on Client server.
- Implemented the XML stream.
- Integrated the "Undo proofreader" and "Undo iconographer" functionality.
- Implemented a feature so that whenever a user clicks on "Start the production", it will save the details and then send to production.
- Added a new field title on the system.
Web Services & Application