“Friendly Fixture” is a cross-platform compatible mobile app, developed for the predicting the results of football matches. The application allows the user to compare their prediction with others. To use the utilities of the application, a user first needs to register himself with the app.
Registered user will then compete by predicting the results and scores depending upon their correct predictions. They can view their prediction chart, mount or remove their predictions from the prediction list of the server.
The key points of the app are....
- The predictions should be added before the scheduled start time of the match.
- The matches are fetched through the third party API based on the criteria entered when the league was created.
- My Leagues section will allow the registered users to create a new league based on the selected competition fetched from the server. Users can choose a prediction league based on a number of criteria. For example, if English Premier League is the tournament to be predicted, then all matches from the EPL will be included. The users can also select a time frame.
- If results of the tournaments match exactly with the predictions entered, the user will be rewarded with 3 points.
- Registered users have the ability to invite the friends using Facebook, Twitter or search in the database to perform prediction on their created league.
- The application will show the base competition in the created league to enhance the prediction rate.
- The free version of the application shows ads, however, the paid version is ad free.
- Whenever a new league has been created, registered users get push notifications. Peers of a registered user also get notifications about his/her activities on the app.
- The “Group Chat” feature allows the peers to chat among themselves about the leagues, predictions and other related things.