Client approached SynapseIndia with a requirement of developing a website where users would be able to view insurance plan, insurance details.
The project was basically about developing a dynamic website where users would be able to insurance details of the selected type and the application form. We have implemented functionalities where any users/visitors will be able to users can view the calculated price/premium based on their selected benefits. The rates have been defined based on the country, gender, age and benefits and they can also add the insurance plan to their cart and would need to select the agent from a dropdown box.
There is a cart that displays a link against each insurance plan to download the PDF form of the respective insurance plan. Admin manages the content of static pages and can add/delete the agents from the backend.
Now let's discuss all these in a more detailed way here.
- Users can be able to select the category from the list of predefined categories:
- Critical Illness
- Hospital Indemnity
- User can view the insurance details of the selected type and the application form.
- All category would include the following forms:
- Insurance Selection and Premium Summary Form
- CARE Ancillary Product Payment Form
- Membership Enrollment From
- Users would be able to view the calculated price/premium based on their selected benefits. The rates would be defined based on the country, gender, age and benefits.
- Users can select more than one type of insurance and view the total price.
- Users would be able to view the insurance plans and benefits information.
- User can select the insurance of their interest and can fill-out a form by entering the criteria like gender, location and age based on which the insurance premium would be displayed.
- Users would be able to add the insurance plan to their cart and would need to select the agent from a dropdown box.
- Users would be able to view their shopping cart with the list of insurance they have added with their individual premium price and total price.
- Shopping cart would also display a link against each insurance plan to download the PDF form of the respective insurance plan.
- Shopping cart summary page would be printable which user can print and can fill the downloaded form and post it a mailing address manually along with the respective payment.
- Admin can manage the price of the insurance plan from the backend.
- Admin can manage content of static pages (6-7 pages).
- Admin can add/delete the agents from the backend which would be displayed in the dropdown for the users in the frontend.