The client wanted to use an HTML5 theme on his WordPress based website. The purpose of the protoype was to show where he wanted to use certain calls to action, images, video, etc. to go. He strictly asked us to make sure that the migration doesn't effects his SEO negatively.
Justinziegler.net is an online forum set up by the client to help people to get as many money as possible for the injuries one gets from an accident.
The website was developed in WordPress CMS using PHP, MySQL. Various services offered by the client can be found in different links available on the site including: "Case Settlement", "Legal Issues Settlements" etc. This is a bilingual website, available in two languages, English and Spanish. A blog has also been integrated in the website, which also available in two languages.
Here is a list of tweaks we have done in the website:
- To start with, we have migrated the website to WordPress HTML5 so that it becomes easy for the client to do some amazing design changes whenever necessary. Alongside we have also used a new theme in the blog and integrated it with popular social media like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and GooglePlus.
- We have integrated various WordPress plug-ins like Wp-Total Cache, Custom PermaLinks, Contact Form 7 etc. "Wp-Total Cache" increases the performance of the site by caching pages. "Custom Permalinks" facilitates admin to keep URL in whatever ways he likes. "Contact Forms 7" is used to generate contact forms which in return can be displayed to user so that his/her contact information could be saved.
- We have also worked on improving the overall performance of the website by decreasing the page load speed.
In addition to above we have also addressed the following:
- We have customized the "Striking Theme" provided by the client to suite its requirements. We have also integrated the slider on the home page.
- We have developed various widgets like Social media and Custom Menu etc. "Social Media Widget" is used to display all the social media icons at a specific position where user can easily view the same. "Custom Menu" is used to create menus which can be customized in whatever ways Admin wants.
- We have integrated download functionality for downloading claim kit for various users. This is an ebook which valuates how much money a person can get according to their injury claims for accident. This is a free kit provided by the client to its user through this site.
- We have worked on a total of four sites: Justinziegler.net, “blog.justinziegler.net", "es.justinziegler.net" and "esblog.justinziegler.net" for the same project.
The Admin Panel:
- The different lingual version of the site and the blog can be managed differently by admin and viewed differently by the user. The admin can access various functionalities that WordPress provides including "Creating Pages", "Creating Menus", "Creating Posts" etc.
- The Admin can manage the content of the pages, along with the menus that he wants his users to see.
- The admin panel consists of various other settings like "URL display settings", "Plug-in Settings" etc. through which admin can manage URL to be displayed by the front users. The plug-in setting is used for setting proper functioning of plugins.