The client is a partner with Savant Capital, a fee-only, integrated wealth management firm. He approached us with a requirement to design and develop an Ecommerce website with integrated shopping cart, inventory management, shipping and configuring some API's.
NIIBEE (www.niibee.com) was to be designed and built considering the elegance required to sell high-end branded fashion wears for ladies.
Nipping Development Attempts
The team worked hard and every minute detail was discussed and synchronized between the designer, developer and search engine optimization people while developing this website. We ensured that the end user finds this online store elegant as well as user friendly and it also is compatible to latest search engine standards and yet looks stylish.
The website essentially function like this:
- A user needs to register with the site before purchasing anything. The integrated fields to be filled up by the prospected customer using various credentials are - username/password, name, address, phone number, zipcode, etc. After registration, they can log-in using the same credentials. Email IDs can also be used for registration, which is also useful to retrieve the forgotten password.
- Users can view and edit their account details like shipping & billing address etc.
- Users can view the product details that they had purchased till date.
- Users can narrow down their search by selecting various categories and sub-categories given for the products.
- The homepage will show notifications whenever a new product was added.
- There are messages for products that are out of stock.
- Users can add products in the shopping cart and can pay for them while checking them out. If they do not buy it while checking out, their search results can be saved and referred to later.
- Users can view an invoice, stating the actual price including or excluding all taxes and additional costs of the product(s) they are going to buy.
- After successful purchasing of a product, the product inventory will be updated.
- Users can suggest a product to a friend.
- When a customer invites someone, they will receive a predetermined number of credits to be used towards purchase of their choice
The Admin Enjoys the Following Attributes:
A cool front-end cannot stand still without a strong back-end; so, we have implemented the following functionalities to help the admin keep a keen control over the website:
- The admin will have a user-name and password to log-in from the back-end.
- The admin can manage (add/delete/modify) product categories and product sub-categories on the site. We have enabled the administrator to add unlimited number of product categories and sub-categories on the website.
- The admin can keep a track of the available stock.
- The admin can manage (add/delete/modify) available products on the site. He/she can add product name and description along with an image of the same; and can upload bulk product information by importing excel files.
- The price list, offers, discounts and “on sale” items will also be managed by the admin. He/she will assign the value of items and will also decide upon the referral rewards value.
- The admin can scan the products ordered or purchased and generate an invoice after payment.
- The admin can also manage the users. He/she can add/delete/modify registered users.
Gift for referral
NIIBEE allows users to invite their friends and family to get registered with the website. We have enabled NIIBEE users to get some points against each referral. These referral points can be redeemed as gift vouchers while purchasing any related product from the website.
We have also implemented iPhone barcode technology to scan items. Prospective customers can print these barcodes and track the entire shipping and sales process. To use this facility, one needs to download the barcode scanner app from iTunes or from any company that offers this facility.
We have embedded such functionality where the admin is enabled to create and send SMS/MMS to the registered customers whenever a new product is launched on the site.
Mobile Money integration was a unique attribute that we have implemented in this website. This facility allows the customers to pay for an item directly from their mobile phones. We have implemented the system through MTN (a cellular company of Ghana).
Facebook and Twitter integration has also been done, allowing customers to share the links of their favorite items on their profiles.
Design HTML & CSS
Retail & Wholesale