Client asked us to developing a website allowing user to search for clubs based on region, country, city, state/province, venue etc. Functionalities like viewing club listings and club details were also expected. User would be able to login using their Facebook login credentials, share the website with their Facebook friends, and "like" the listed clubs.
The Rainbow Index is all about finding the best clubs, bars and events on the planet and letting the end user know which ones are the best. PSDs were provided by the client and we have converted them into HTML. On the landing page, website users will find top 7 of the most popular venues.
Users can also search for venues based on various search filters like “View by Venue type”, “View by Region”, “View by Scene” etc. Users can “Like” any venue using Facebook. Based on the number of Facebook likes, the popularly of the venue will be calculated. One of the main features that we have added is making the website integrated with an iPhone app “The Pridefinder” which displays the list of the venues/events listed on the website.
Let’s now get into more specific details of the development phase:
- User would also be able to login using their Facebook login credentials. They can search for clubs by region, country, city, state/province and venue.
- User would be able to view a map of top regions and the top clubs of Asia, North America, South America, Europe, Oceania, and Africa. They can view the list of clubs (with images)available on the website and can sort their searches by - Live, Archived, Country, State/Province etc.
- User would be able to “Like” the page on Facebook and “Share” them on their home page.
- User would be able to view Hot Now section showing the most popular venues around the world each day by which venue had the most FB Likes and poll at the top will be continually run and will reset on
- Greenwich Mean Time each day.
- PrideFinder: User would be able to view upcoming events at the top of the list.
Users would be able to add a venue by choosing:
- Short description
- Region (Radio Button)
- Country (Dropdown)
- City (Textbox)
- Venue Name (Textbox)
- Venue Type (Select one from the options: Bar, Club, Bar + Club, Event)
Users can access the following details of a venue:
- Long Description
- Music Type
- Website link