The client approached SynapseIndia with a requirement to develop a system where users can take driving courses as well as exams.
To start with, our designers have designed the layout according to the Moodle technology. Moodle (abbreviation for Modular Object-Oriented Dynamic Learning Environment) is a free source e-learning software platform, also known as a Learning Management System, or Virtual Learning Environment (VLE). Accordingly, we have also modified the existing CSS and HTML to fit the new design in Moodle's coding standards.
The development endeavors we have taken:
- Developed a system where users can take courses and exams.
- Implemented sections where promotion codes can be used to track the source of student and/or it may include a discount that would be applied to the order.
- Allowed the users to view the courses in which they want hem to get enrolled in. Apart from that we have also added a list of features like: topics with graded tests, the most recent test scores, and the date and time they completed the most recent test.
- Implemented the identity validation functionality to identify a particular user for the state of Ohio.
- Allowed a users to search or browse the course catalog to purchase courses/bundles.
- Allowed the users to select any particular course and add it in-to their “Courses List” on their home page.
- Students have to agree to the terms and conditions of the site prior to the course starting. They can view the the terms and conditions which pops up. The “Enroll” button gives instant access to a form to enroll with the site for driving courses.
The super admin of the site can add, modify, inactivate or delete students. They can define categories and should be able to enter a “title” and “description” for any particular category. Admin can assign courses to an individual user or a group of users. The system sens automated email notifications to the students a days before their curriculum is due to expire.
We have enabled the site users to export all the reports of Drivefleet. Also have created roles for Driving Teachers who have the permission to create and edit courses. Our developers also have created an over-ride to the security questions.
Design HTML & CSS
Website & GUI Design