The client approached SynapseIndia with a requirement of developing a social networking site where users would not only be able to connect with other users but will also be able to post and share stories.
This project was about developing a social networking site where users can post stories and manage them from their panels. The site is ledged with all the required features and functionalities that a standard social networking site is expected to have. Users of the site need to log- in to the site to access the features and functionalities of the site.Â
The frontend of the site comes with following picks:
- Profile Page: Users can create their profile by entering details like bio, hometown, education, views and interests, profile photo, name and contact info etc.
- Map page: This is an innovative option available on the site where users can actually track a story on Google map. The map suggests the story has been published from which location.
- Users can view reverse Geo coding to get latitude/longitude of a location.
- Users can search for other users using the integrated search option.
- Users can invite their friends through emails, can accept or decline others' requests too.
- Users have sole rights on their friend list. They can manage (add or remove) friends from their list.
- Users can link a story to other stories and can view the reel of updated stories.
- Users can comment view the reel of their friend's stories and comment on them. They can even post stories on their friend's reel.
The admin of the site can perform the following tasks:
- Approve/disapprove linking request: Allow user to view the list of pending request with URL to story and user profile who posted it.
- Manage stories that are posted on the site
- Manage (add/edit/delete) users' profiles
- Manage static pages
- Manage comments
Microsoft Dot Net