The client approached us with a requirement of developing an online multi store using Magento as the core technology.
The Magento based multi stores are configured based on the number of categories available. Stores are having same theme/design implemented, and are only varying on the basis of different home/launching pages with only basic changes in the sections on the home page. Different banners were being implemented on different stores. We have also integrated the theme shared by the client and installed the extensions the client wanted to get integrated.
- Magento Colorswatch Extension Integration and Amendments: We have customized the color swatch extension helping the users to select multiple attributes options. The extension by default is restricted to work on selection of one attribute option.
- Multi-store setup: We have set up five stores for the website and configured associated categories and sub categories for each store. Our developers have linked the Magento stores in the top navigation.
- The client wished to see a reflection of the color swatch extension based on the variations available for the products of his stores. In order to gain the confidence of the client we developed a script to create the products for the 'CLASSIC RINGS' stores. We have worked on a sample product of the store based on the relevant data as provided by client. We had to consider all possible variations of the products. We have developed the script to associate all corresponding images of the product form a defined folder hierarchy structure.
- Run time product price calculation has been facilitated based on the variations(width, material, thickness & size) corresponding to each product in product view page.
- Developed a custom script for importing the products of different varaiations and options.
- Improved the page load time of the website, especially the product pages.
- Updted the web boxes CSS.
- Amended the wedding store and classic store margins.
- Categories and price updated.
- Integrated Ajax scrolling and pop-ups.
- Added tooltips for product options.