The client approached us with his Magento based food store and wanted us to develop and enhance a few functionalities for it.
This is a Magento based health food store. We had to work on DoneDone (PMB) created by the client so that he can track the works going on the project. The client used to create tickets on DoneDone and we had to take care of the task. Following are the tweaks we have done:
1. Invoice page:
a. Added the company logo.
b. Added company information (Address, phone number, website).
c. Customized the invoice system.
d. Added the functionality to enable the customers to define the quantity while purchasing an item from the site.
e. Defined unit price of each item.
f. Includes manufacturer name on each item.
2. Packing Slip:
a. Included manufacturer name on each item.
c. Ordered items alphabetically by ‘Warehouse Location’.
d. Developed the functionality to add ‘customer comments’ on packing slips.
3. Order Status:
Implemented the ability to change status of the orders. Created separate folders for each status. When an order status is changed, the order will be stored on its respective folder. Depending on the status, the admin of the site can add an action to the change in status. For example, if the status of an order changes from “in process” to “shipped”, the customer will be sent a shipping notification email automatically.
Added the following order status according to the process:
b. In process (For orders that have been paid by credit card)
c. Partially shipped
d. Shipped (Automatically notifies the customers that order has been shipped)
e. Cancelled ( Automatically sends an email to the customers that their order has been cancelled)
f. On Hold
g. Unpaid (For orders that are received via “Money Order/Check” payment method)
h. Abandoned Cart (For orders that have been partially completed but check-out process has not been completed yet)
Initially the system does not allowed a customer to add more items in the inventory. So, we have developed and implemented the functionality. The shopping cart now allows the customer to add as many items to their cart as they wish.
Furthermore, the client asked us to do few enhancements on his website. In this phase of the project, we worked for Yotpo product review extension, We have configured and customized the Yotpo product review extension for displaying the product review on product listing page and product page. We also worked for the WordPress website. Following are the enhancements we did -
- Updated the header and footer of the purchase after mailing template.
- Integrated the social action tracking
- Integrated Google Rich snippet for the product page
- Added the suitable categories in Google product feed for the Google Merchant Center
- Created the new customer group and assigned the discount to both Customer Groups.
In the next phase of the project, we made some enhancements as given below -
- Completed Survey Monkey integration in the website
- Worked for the layered navigation for Price and Other Filters are not displaying on the category page.
- Added the custom select box for the contact us page.
- Implemented the cron functionality for the schedule re-indexing
- Added the custom mailchimp functionality for the user who automatically registers to the mailchimp mailing list and they will get feedback mail after few few days of shipping
- Added the downloadable product links
- Updated the bards in the products
- Worked for bright-pearl and Magento integration
- Integrated Facebook like tracking in Google Analytics
Design HTML & CSS
Website & GUI Design