does the offshore development work?
- Ans: The software development methodology is the same everywhere.
Our team at SynapseIndia works with an industry standard software development methodology.
Clients are always in direct communication with the project manager who tracks the
projects through the development phases, right from needs analysis, requirements
documentation, prototyping, actual development, quality testing, release, and maintenance.
This is done in our offshore office, but through the power of the Internet and through
our very strong communication skills.
- 2. What are the main benefits of offshore outsourcing?
- Ans: Today's organizations are finding ways to cut costs
and obtain higher productivity from skilled resources. Other requirements include
risk minimization, and accelerating time-to-market for products. Offshore outsourcing
helps companies meet these objectives by providing:
- Cost effectiveness - Salaries of IT professionals are significantly lower than those
in the west
- Best Practices - offshore outsourcing companies are focused heavily on quality and
continuous process improvement, offshore development centers operate at high levels
of efficiency, predictability, and reliability
- Risk minimization- High process maturity greatly reduces the risk of project failures
and provides significant advantage when managing service level agreements
- 24x7 operations - There is a time differential between onshore and offshore destinations
which translates into a virtual 24/7 kind of operation for your projects
- 3. How do I choose the right company for outsourcing?
- Ans: Outsourcing has become a mainstream business strategy
to improve overall corporate performance and bring about efficiencies. A company
may be a potential candidate for outsourcing if following questions are answered:
- Are the resources utilized optimally
- Can the IT department improve efficiency
- Is the company ready to meet the future technological challenges
- Is there a quicker, more effective method to handle IT function
- 4. How is SynapseIndia different from other outsourcing software companies?
- The approach we use allows us to develop more reliable solutions in less time and
with less developers, thus saving your time and budget
- All our developers are highly skilled and experienced specialists
- All the software projects we have been involved in have been successfully completed
- We can be easily contacted at any stage of the development process - moreover, you
follow this process right from the start and until you obtain a completed solution
and can provide feedback thus being in full control
- 5. How can I benefit from working with SynapseIndia?
- Ans: SynapseIndia assures that your projects will be done
on time, to budget, and in accordance with international standards. You can outsource
SynapseIndia your IT projects ranging from a simple utility to a total automation
of your business. It is confidential and reliable. Copyright on the final software
belongs to you. Also, due to abundant IT talents in India, SynapseIndia can offer
you an attractive price.
- 6. What type of processes does SynapseIndia have in place?
- Ans: We have formulated tested processes that enable us
to deliver best- in-class services to our clients. Our processes are designed to
help our clients check project updates on a real-time basis, QA methodologies that
enable us to deliver defect free service and project management tools that allow
us to manage the projects effectively. To ensure the timely and quality delivery
for high client satisfaction, we have implemented the following processes:
- Prototypes and staged deliveries
- Status reports
- Bug management system
- Configuration management
- Knowledge management systems
- 7. What is the response time to an initial communication?
- Ans: The response time to an email is a few minutes, whereas
IM chat is instant with no response time at all. We are available virtually 24/7
for the purpose of responding to customer query.
- 8. How do you provide project estimates and project schedules?
- Ans: Before the initiation of the project, we carry out
a very comprehensive scoping and estimation exercise using intelligent tools developed
in-house. We have a team of onboard systems analysts who are adept at project analysis
and estimation. On the basis of the work-load involved in the development phase
as well as the project delivery requirements, we provide the estimate for the project.
- 9. How do you handle change request and changes in project scope?
- Ans: We use an efficient change management procedure for
any changes in the project. For ongoing minor changes in the running project, the
changes are communicated to the project manager concerned, who gets them executed.
If the changes are significant and can greatly add to the work-load that has been
estimated at the beginning of the project, then we scope creep the project again
and submit the revised quote, for acceptance to the client.
- 10. What are the technologies in which SynapseIndia is proficient?
- Ans: SynapseIndia has worked on diverse technology platforms
and builds, which enables us to deliver best-in-class services to our clients. We
have worked extensively for clients in the following technology areas:
- Web-based technologies
- Client/Server applications
- Web services
- Application packing services
- 11. How should I ensure that the service provider I'm dealing with is capable of managing
my project requirement in an effective manner?
- Ans: To help you evaluate your service provider, here are
a few quick tips. A few important things you must watch out about your provider's
repertory or offerings are the aspects that relate to the requirement document,
clear & excellent communication channels, development methodology, and skills
for understanding and thinking ahead of a particular business model. A service provider
that offers programmers and developers on contract basis for Full Time Engagement
can be a good bet.
- 12. How do I outsource to an India based IT firm without even meeting them?
- Ans: Indian IT service firms (web and software developers)
are revered to be a viable option for outsourcing today. Indian IT firms offer strategic
initiative whereby your costs are cut drastically and the provision is also there
for accessing the intellectual capital this is something not viable in case of in-house
development. Virtual Internet firms are a natural offspring of the ubiquitous Internet.
However, is the organization in concern just a webpage or it actually comprises
of a team of adept professionals who follow established processes besides having
a reliable and solid infrastructure.
- 13. Who all can consider outsourcing their work and why?
- Ans: To be true, just anyone right from an entrepreneur
in a small office home office (SOHO) segment to SME (Small & Medium Enterprises)
to large scale business empires can consider outsourcing irrespective of the business
processes and interests they follow. All businesses can benefit immensely by outsourcing,
as technology is constantly changing and to leverage it and get the competitive
advantage through it outsourcing is the answer.
- 14. What complexities are involved in outsourcing? How can I manage outsourcing relationships?
- Ans: Several studies and surveys have revealed that over
90 percent of Fortune 500 firms opt for outsourcing a specific part of their operations.
Considering such obvious indicators, why would an organization not opt for outsourcing?
Probably, you may have a bad outsourcing experience earlier. There are several issues
that have to be taken care of prior to choosing a partner for outsourcing. Furthermore,
once the service provider or developer is selected, it's not enough to keep sitting
on your heels and imagine that outsourced projects would work fine.
You must understand that outsourcing relationships are essential to ensuring any
- 15. Do you've a fixed software development model that is considered successful?
- Ans: Similar to other disciplines of engineering, software
engineering also comprises of a few software development models. The document provides
you with a general overview of various methodologies of software development that
most contemporary software development firms adopt.
- 16. What's the current statistic of software projects' success rates? What all steps
need to be taken in order to improve the rate of success?
- Ans: Studies and surveys conducted by prominent research
groups reveal that over 50% (half of) of software projects remain a failure today.
Now the question arises, why so? What all is needed to be successful? Are there
safety measures we can take for preventing this from occurring? How do we ensure
the success of a software project irrespective of its type what? Can the risks be
controlled and handled effectively?
- 17. Why should I be outsourcing to SynapseIndia?
- Ans: While most studies and researches suggest outsourcing
software development to India is tremendously advantageous, the question arises
as to which firm should I trust for outsourcing job? It's a known and acknowledged
fact that choosing the right partner is pivotal in ensuring the success of your
business overall growth and success. Considering this very understanding, you may
spend fair amount of time studying the data and holding discussions with those you
think may be truly helpful for you in choosing the right vendor or partner. The
other option may be to consider outsourcing to SynapseIndia - the IT outsourcing
firm with over eleven years of experience, CMMI level-3 accreditation, Microsoft
Gold Certified partnership, and NASSCOM and FICCI certifications. Choosing us would
not only help you save your precious time, but would also ensure faster and better
results leading to elevated ROI for you.
- 18. What are the services SynapseIndia offers? What sort of projects you've worked upon
so far? What all it takes for ensuring success in this web-centered, digital world
- Ans: It's not just about technology, skills and talent
for creating well designed and elegant web sites, web application development and
mobile application development. A perfect combination of a sound business vision
and skills & ability for leveraging that vision in order to translate the same
in to a service that has economic impact is what's needed indeed. Services we offer,
our success stories, portfolios and case studies are what you must refer to for
knowing more about us.
- 19. What's your methodology for designing and development?
- Ans: Iterative model of development is what we follow.
It's an intermediate model or rather we should say a compromise between traditional
waterfall method and extreme programming/development methods. The methodology is
that once the initial requirements have been clarified, prototype of website and/or
web application is built immediately. Thenceforth, the process continuously evolves
until the final outcome, exactly as per the specifications.
- 20. What are your payment terms?
- Ans: We adopt easy to follow and convenient international
payment methods and mutually agreed payment terms.
- 1. What all info would you need from me?
- Ans: Well, that would be best if you can provide us with
a detailed RFP (Request For Proposal), as it'll help us analyze your requirements
and project in a much better and comprehensive manner. In case you don't have an
RPF, we would request you to provide us with a fair idea of your specific requirements
so that our business team can help you in developing the RFP.
- 2. Can Synapse India write reviews for me to help me in creating and managing brand
- Ans: Yes Synapse India will write reviews for you and post
them in order to create your brand image. Your brand reputation would enhance as
a natural consequence of our brand reputation management activities. When your business
prospects come across a lot of positive content about your business, a fair and
positive picture would be drawn in their minds naturally.
- 3. How would you receive my work?
- Ans: Our maximum projects are web based. Therefore, we
can send and receive files using the Internet. You are requested to provide us with
a brief description (may be a doc about your exact requirement) during the initial
stages of our communication regarding the project. In case, you've an app that you'd
want us to analyze or work on, we'll require the corresponding Database details,
Web server details, and FTP details for it.
- 4. Do you also offer source code for various applications?
- Ans: We provide source code to our clients for any app
or software we've created for them.
- 5. Am I allowed to define/enforce coding standards we follow on your developers? If yes, what can be done in case they aren't able to adhere to our standards.
- Ans: In normal case, our employees have to follow the coding
standards as defined by our SEPG (Software Engineering Process Group). However,
in case the team is required to follow your prescribed standards, it can be done
for you for sure.
It's our standard practice that if the team fails to adhere to the set standards,
we ensure to not bill you for the time that goes in to the correction of the code.
We do understand that we can't ever completely make up for the time that's been
wasted and therefore our system and processes focus towards ensuring that such instances
don't occur in the first place.
- 6. Do you provide daily progress reports outlining the completed as well as outstanding
- Ans: Though it's quite possible to provide daily progress
reports, we'd like to mention that the whole process may become quite cumbersome.
We would suggest you to either use online project collaboration or would send you
weekly reports as Excel sheets.
- 7. Can I access the code during development cycle? In case yes, then what method of
version control you would use for sharing the code?
- Ans: In case a dedicated team is hired by you on contract
basis, we may either make arrangement for hosting the VSS (Version Control System)
on your server or may provide you with access to our VSS server.
In case we are working on project arrangement, you'll be able to access the code
once final payment has been made. Till that time, we'll be hosting the solution
on our own hosting server, so that you can review the features and provide the feedback.
- 8. Do you also provide a document of formal technical specification?
- Ans: Our documentation comprises of Software Requirements
Specifications (SRS), Use Cases, In-Line Code Commenting, and High & Low level
Descriptions to help future programmers and developers understand as to how the
software was designed & constructed.
- 9. How do I improve and enhance the productivity in my company with Internet?
- Ans: Are you looking for newer ways of communication, transferring
info, and making the best use of the web for your advantage? How about enhancing
the productivity of your employees and being able to measure the levels of performance
on their own via a simple portal on the web? May be an Intranet would be the best
solution and right answer for you. It could be helpful for your employees in gaining
access to vital info eventually leading to enhanced productivity of the employees.
Besides this, you get to save a lot of paper work as well.
An employee portal or an intranet can ensure sharing of information within the organization.
It would be helpful in training the employees in the direction of higher and better
career growth, workflow and link processes within the organization as well as step
a little further and test & recruit the employees online.
- 10. Can I reach my business prospects/prospective customers in the farthest corners of world just by making my presence on the web?
- Ans: Yes, strategic marketing coupled with proactive online
promotions can surely enhance the visibility of your web site on the web. Search
Engines such as Google, Yahoo, etc. can render your web identity the visibility
on the web it actually needs and thus help you reach global audience. Is web site
promotion all about meta tags? To know more about promoting your website on various
prominent search engines kindly visit www.synapseinteractive.com to know more.
- 11. Is your website is getting numerous hits and still you have no idea whether those
hits were made by targeted customers? Here's how to find out
- Ans: It is not all about pulling more traffic to a web
site. What's important is to draw the targeted footprints to it i.e. the target
audience must reach your web site. How would you ensure that your business prospects
are accessing your site?
Moreover, once these business prospects visit your website, the site should keep
them engaged there resulting in them contacting you without delay. If this is to
happen, each of your customers must feel special on the site. What we mean by making
them feel special is to provide personalized customer experiences. Whether it's
a more interactive and communicative web site by the use of technology that helps
you achieve this, or by a web site that interacts with the customers in their own
- 12. How a redesign can be beneficial for a website and/or web application? How a customer
can support the team help keep a web site updated and fresh?
- Ans: After you have realized that a more communicative
web site is what you need, you would probably be perplexed as to whether to get
it rebuilt from the scratch or just revamp it by adding few sections to it. You
may consider either redesigning or rebuilding your web site or even make a cooperative
effort for updating the content present on your web site and provide it with a fresh
and captivating look through the year.
- 13. What's required for transforming a web site from an ordinary online brochure to
a fully fledged E-commerce site?
- Ans: A web site can be helpful in creating multiple channels
for promoting your products and services. Besides the online store, your web site
can help you manage your inventory as well as ordering for you. You can start with
a simple online store that hosts a catalog of products you offer, an online payment
option, and a shopping cart. Later you may consider adding more features to the
web site to accommodate your growing business needs.
- 14. What all is included in custom web development?
- Ans: It may happen many a times that a web site doesn't
fit in to a specific category. The web site may be a unique one with specialized
features that can actually communicate the aim of the specific business all in a
These sites may include online portals, stores, relationship sites, customer support
apps, distribution network, ERP system, CRM system, and just any other different
one. Some web apps could be industry specific such as healthcare, logistics, art,
food, and other industries.
- 15. Is software project success somehow related with successful capturing of requirement?
- Ans: In order to avoid the common causes of the failure
of most projects, it's important to first clearly outline all the requirements of
the concerned parties. Inadequate and unclear user input/objectives and even frequent
changes in the requirements can cause software projects to fail quite often. How
to overcome these problems in real-life scenario? Requirement capturing and right
management are pivotal in ensuring its success.
- 16. In an organization what does collaboration refer to? Is it only 'team work' or something
- Ans: To achieve collaboration, applications need to be
integrated with project, processes as well as info in real time throughout the virtual
In current scenario, users of application aren't just those people who are directly
related to an enterprise. It may also include its players as even the virtual enterprise
- 17. Can Synapse India clear complaints about my business from websites such as complaintsboard.com?
How would you do this?
- Ans: Synapse India clears complaints and
fake review about businesses by bringing their positive sides in front of their
business prospects. We have a team of adept and seasoned copywriters who would develop
with positive and engaging reviews about your business in order to combat the complaints
posted by your competitors, rivals, or anyone with malicious intentions. Written
by the creative and adept copywriters of Synapse India, the reviews would be posted
throughout the social media by the social media optimization experts employed with
us. The end result would be complete removal of complaints and bad words about your
business from complaint sites such as complaintsboard.com etc. Positive content
would replace the negative words across social media thereby ensuring your brand
reputation enhances and your business thrives.
- 18. How to build a web community and ensure its success?
- Ans: For the beginners, it's about exchanging notes, posting
interesting articles, discussing issues, listing events as well as selling your
products/ services online.
- 1. Is testing also included in your pricing?
- Ans: Yes, we believe testing is an integral part of development
process and thus take care of same in our pricing. We have a separate team of specialists
- 2. What are the procedures of testing you follow? Will load testing be included in it?
- Ans: Our QA & testing team works from 'Use Cases' for
preparing Performance and Functionality Test cases. Load tests are conducted when
Working with developers, the team creates unit test cases to help the programmers
& developers test their modules prior to handing over the same for integration.
We are a CMMI Level 3 accredited company, and thus we ensure that all the projects
we undertake pass through stringent quality checks. The projects during the various
stages of design & development undergo quality checks by a team of quality controllers
and internal auditors to ensure the clients receive innovative solutions that work.
This way, we ensure that you don't have to invest your time in checking what the
developers and programmers have delivered. You can thus focus on your core business
and take care of other aspects ensure the success of the project.
- 1. What is your pricing strategy for development projects?
- Ans: Our pricing model varies depending on the projects
we undertake and is largely based upon the requirements of our respective clients.
However, our general pricing format is as follows:
The three different options we offer include:
- Fixed Price
- Time and Material
- Man Month
- 2. How can I make payments to you?
- Ans: We'll be providing you proposal with invoice details
along with all necessary info so you can wire transfer your payment us.
- 3. Are additional costs also involved in your pricing?
- Ans: There is no additional cost except the bank charges
that you'd need to incur at the time of making the payment. The cost of any third-party
software you'd require to purchase for your clients would also be borne by you.
Our standard tools of trade like MS Project, Flash, Dreamweaver, and MS Visual Studio/Visio
won't impose additional charges on you. But, if there's any tool that you would
want us to use for a particular project, you may have to be billed for the same
by us. However, we'll discuss and consult with you prior to implementing any such
- 4. Is there any discount for elongated service?
- Ans: Our pricing is based upon a long-term association
and is basically aimed at helping our customers gain maximum. So, no discounts are
offered by us.
- 1. How should I contact you?
- Ans: You are requested to fill out the form, provided here,
to help us know you a little and also the projects you've in mind. If you would
prefer emailing to us, please feel free to email us at email@example.com
You may also contact us at our below mentioned address:
F 18, Sector 11
Noida 201301, INDIA
SDF B-10, NSEZ,
Tel: (+91) 120 433 0500
Fax: (+91) 120 254 6941
(If you are dialing from the USA, please dial 011 first before 91)
Contact: Kapil Gupta
- 2. Am I allowed to contact the appropriate parties that are working on my project? If
yes, then may I communicate through phone?
- Ans: Yes, we'd strongly suggest you to interact primarily
with our team leader to reduce the chances of any miscommunications or misapprehensions
within your team.
We are equally comfortable with communication through chat, e-mail or phone.
- 3. What's the time to contact you?
- Ans: We would appreciate all official communication to
occur between 9:30 AM IST to 6:30 PM IST. In case, you feel the need to communicate
beyond the above-mentioned time span, we can arrange for a communication at mutually