The client approached us with his existing SharePoint portal and wanted us to make some changes on it in terms of helping it work better.
We have done multiple changes:
For all documents library:
- Now consultant can upload documents onto the AAvenue with appropriate tagging.
- The documents then go to his client Manager/Director (Client Gatekeeper) for approval and to the MD for information (option to disapprove).
- If Manager/Director (Client Gatekeeper) approves the documents, it becomes available on the all documents library - anyone can find this document through browse/search.
- Any documents uploaded by Manager/Director/MD directly has been made available on all documents libraries (don't need further approval).
For individual client documents library:
- To initiate a project, the SharePoint admin can create a project site and can add members onto the site.
- The team consists of consultants, manager, director, and Mds. They can upload a document on the AAvenue with appropriate tagging.
- The uploaded documents become available only to the team members belonging to that particular project.
- If a new member joins the team, Client Gatekeeper intimate the SharePoint Admin, and he/she can add that member to that particular project.
- At any time, a client document can be added to the queue for uploading to all documents libraries.
- Bi-weekly/monthly reports have been available to SharePoint admin with a list of documents uploaded (to all documents libraries).
- He/she can verify the tagging and appropriateness and reach out to the respective client gatekeepers in case of any issue that needs to be resolved.