Client approached SynapseIndia with a requirement of designing & developing a standard social networking application with supporting web-services where users would be able to create/manage profile, view places, search for places using categories. The application would allow the user to mark any places as favorite and search for a friend, view their profile. A user can earn the title (badged) by visiting the places on the basis of pre-defined criteria with an option to rate and review the visited places.
HeadOut, that’s what we call it. It is an iPhone app allowing users to register through their Facebook credentials. Like any other standard app, in HeadOut, users can create and edit their profiles, share images/videos and posts, can connect and spread their virtual social circle. HeadOut also allows users to view or import friends from Facebook, add locations on the images and rate the location, mark them as favorites etc.The app's exception is its extensive geo-locating ability. Let's discuss the functionality in detail here:
Nearby & Best:
Using this functionality, users can
- Search for nearby places. Application would search
- Select an entry in the list “Show Place” to view places
- Filter the search by typing a place name in the search bar.
- “Chose location” button would allow user to choose other location
- Sort the search results on “Restaurants”, “Bars” or “Cafe”
Browse places by category:
This functionality would allow the users to -
- Find places based on their categorization and tags.
- Choose one of the three categories (“Restaurants”, “Bars” or “Cafe”), then one tag from that category.
- Choose to see results only from places visited by his friends or see all places in the database. This is controlled with the “Friends / All” button on the top bar.
- Select an entry in the list “Show Place” to view places information
- Other option includes "what your friend like" and "browse moods".
The app is connected with a web service, which can perform the following tasks:
- Save the registration information of the users and fetch into the app.
- Save the Facebook id in the database and fetch into the app.
- Save the user profile information and fetch into the app.
- Save the uploaded photos and fetch into the app.
- Fetch the search results into the app.
- Fetch the Today recommendation places into the app.
- Fetch the “Nearby & best places” into the app.
- Save the category listings in the database and fetch into the
- Save the tags listings in the database and fetch into the app.
- Fetch places details into the app and would save the added places into the database.
- Fetch the posting of the review and rating.
- Save the favorites list in the database and fetch into the app.
- Save the places that their friend like and would fetch into the
app whenever request generated.
iPhone & iPad, PHP
Media & Entertainment