The client came to us with two websites: Coachcomm.com and CampabellSportingGoods.com. The first one offers high quality headsets for coaches for a better and clear communication on playground. While the other one provides outdoor sport accessories like hunting and fishing accessories. He approached us intending to get some functionality enhancements done on them.
The sites were developed in Magento. Our web experts have analyzed the sites and have determined some of the flaws that were prevailing in them. To flush those errors and to give the websites a better aspect, we have taken up the following endeavors:
- We have customized the CMS to make them a comprehensive product listing website from scratch with new designs and additional functionalities, customized CMS allowing users to browse and view various product categories, product details, there technical specifications, view associated sports and how product would be used for specific sport, admin to create customized product pages, manage users, events etc.
- We have also customized the admin panel so that the admin can create product categories, sub-categories and products. Admin can also create different pages of different categories, sub-categories as well as products. Creating secondary navigations is also possible from the admin panel. Admin can upload various documents on the site and also can password protected the same uploaded documents on the site so that only subscribed users can download those documents. Admin can create the forms on various sections like events, contact us, demo etc.
- The admin can create the main menu and footer navigation as well. We have also integrated third party WordPress blog with this CMS so that admin can manage the news and other posts from his end. Admin can also upload the icons for the various sections. He can enable/disable the tool tips on various pages.
- The admin can upload the Flash files and their pre-loaders from his panel, and he can perform other tasks like uploading banners from the same panel. The panel will also allow him to associate those banners to the required pages. Admin can also add the testimonials.
- Users can post their reviews on the product pages and the same reviews can be editable or deleted by the admin from the backend. All contents, images, documents, graphics are managed by the admin from the backend and same will be reflected on the frontend.
- We have implemented the free Magento in-store pick up extension option for shipping and also we have corrected the shipping rates.
- The internal newsletter was not working correctly. We have investigated the newsletter problem and have found that a code of an extension for importing subscriber was overwritten resulting into invisibility of the newsletter template menu was not visible due to the same reason. However, we have corrected the issue and reconfigured the menu in the code.
- We have created an HTML template to be used as an email newsletter. The newsletter HTML templates have been set up in the newsletter extension of the site.
- We have setup the Cron tab on Linux server to automatically send newsletters on regular intervals.
PHP, Design HTML & CSS, Magento
Retail & Wholesale