The client was asking for a fully functional ecommerce site that was ought to be developed from the scratch.
The task was about developing a market place, where a vendor can sign-in and manage their products, categories product orders etc. The website was expected to have one page checkout and referral system.
We have implemented a new design on Magento e-commerce package, including the individual shop section for vendors. Additionally, we have also implemented a third party extension to manage the products and orders. The admin can manage all the details of the registered users and their products. “Timed sales” is an exclusive feature that has been embedded in the website. Users can add reviews against the products displayed on the website. There is a common search available which can be used for product searching and sort them by price range.
To discuss the features and functionalities in a broader perspective:
- The site is having 3 types of users: Admin, User, and Shop owners.
- Shop owners have to sign up on to the website and is having their own storefront on website. Each shop owner will be able to log into website and manage its shop.
- They can add/delete products, manage orders, generate invoice, and manage shipping.
- They can even post announcements on their shopfront.
- Customers can place an order, and as soon as they do it, the system will email the shop-owner about this new order. The email will carry the order details such as product ordered, quantity, shipping address.
- Shop owners can login to their panel. The first page will be a dashboard showing overview of how their shop is doing: total sales for the year, total sales today, how many orders are pending.
- They can even add/delete/edit banners of their shop.
- Customers can sign-up on the website and can enjoy more than one panel like: dashboard, account info, address book, my orders, my wish list, my product reviews, on/off newsletter subscriptions. They can write and post a product review.
- Customers will get Loyalty points to on purchasing a product, on Registration, On Referring friends etc.
- The back-end admin panel will be assessed by using a username and password and will be hidden from the normal users/visitors.
- The admin can manage registered shops, see sales, which shop sold what, and what they have sold most have sold the most today, how many orders were made today.
- The admin can check the status of the orders placed by customers, manage sections like “bestsellers", "ShopAbout recommends", "popular", "new products"; and can update products in these sections.
- He/she can adjust the transaction fee for each shop, manage "Only for today" section which will show the discounted products.
- The admin can set the conversion rate for loyalty points, create coupon codes, add new CMS pages and edit/delete the same and more.
Retail & Wholesale