The client asked us to design and develop website to book courier parcels using TNT and Australia Post services.
Parcel2Courier.com is an intermediary connecting one off senders or business with trusted courier companies. Our design team used very attractive subtle color scheme in the website layout. They have created 6 different very attractive pages to book orders on the website.
We have developed the website using CakePHP and MySQL. We have used curl technology to connect TNT and Australia Post server. We have integrated eWay credit card payment feature in the website. Registered users can also make token payment for the payments. We have also integrated PayPal to make payment on the website. Functionality for generating PDF report of TNT parcel manifest and label on the real time to book the parcels.
The features and functionalities of the website include:
- Users would need to register on the website to book courier.
- Users can manage address book and would able to make payment using credit card, PayPal and using internal top up account.
- Admin can review the user orders and take forwards the further processes.
- We have also enabled the users to charge/refund amounts to users' credit cards, if necessary.
- Admin can mange static pages content and can define insurance, commission and vouchers for the front end orders.
- Admin can also view registered user details and can update and delete user details.
Client further asked us to integrate the new courier service to enable the users send their parcels using Fastway couriers. Also, the client wanted that the user should be able to make payment for the courier by using PayPal/Token payment/credit card. Additionally, he wanted that booked parcels should be easy to track on the website using Fastway API.
Working on the project, we integrated new courier service Fastway with the website. As a result of this, users were able to send their parcels by using Fastway couriers. We also added the functionality to enable users to make payment by PayPal, Token payment or by credit card. Further, we made booked parcels easy to track on the website using Fastway API. We employed Cake PHP, MySQl technologies for making enhancements like -
- Fastway API integration to get service prices (in front end and admin)
- API integration to get shipping labels (in front end and admin)
- Collection API integration for booking parcels (in front end as part of the order process, and admin [separate screen in admin])
- Tracking API integration for the booked parcels in all areas where current parcels can be tracked front end, admin, and automated emails.
- On Home page, Addition of drop down to get tracking information