The client approached us with a vast requirement of developing a desktop website, a mobile site as well as a mobile application to work on Android and iOS platforms.
According to Wikipedia Definition 'Brownie Points" are hypothetical social currencies, which can be acquired by doing good deeds or earning favor in the eyes of another. The website - OurBrowniePoints.com (both the desktop and mobile versions), provides a brownie point tracking service via a mobile application and which allows couples, parents, employers etc. to enter into a “Brownie Point Contract” with a cross section of user base which can include partners, children, spouses, employees, colleagues etc.
PHP being the core technology, we have used CakePHP framework with Ajax, jQuery, HTML, CSS to accomplish the tasks. Our developers have integrated the PayPal payment gateway to give a subscription for premium services and to purchase extra points in the application.
How does the system work?
- Users need to create a Brownie Points account.
- They need to invite someone as their Brownie Points partner.
- Choose tasks they are required to do to earn Brownie Points. or request their partners to complete the tasks that will help them earn points.
- Send the task request to their partner for approval. If the task
is approved it means that users and their partner have an agreed to award brownie
points for that task.
- Once they got approved, users can complete their tasks.When a task is complete, users
need to ask their partner to confirm it.
- The agreed number of Brownie Points are then automatically credited to users' account.
Apart from the desktop and mobile website, an iOS and Android apps are in the pipeline. A dedicated team of mobile developers are working on it.
PHP, Design HTML & CSS, CakePHP