The client told us to develop an app for cross platform usage. Essential App was expected to be developed for Nokia and BlackBerry handsets. The app is expected to offer numerous things like Free Number, Business Directory, Cinema Schedule, Flight Times, Exchange Rate, SMS to Radio, Inspiration, Web Directory, Survey, Contact US, IBTC Pension, Share App, Nokia Care and more.
EssentialApp is an SMS integrated application, which provides access to everyday information on different sectors like:
- Cinema Times
- Foreign Exchange Rates
- Flight Schedules
- Sms to Radio
- Business Directory
- Free Content
- Stanbic IBTC Pensions & Inspirational Quotes
- Nokia care
EssentialApp sends users requests to premium rated short codes and responds with the required information.
- Access to free content: The app allows users to show the company detail based on city and category. Additionally they can call to selected company and also could email company details to his friend.
- Access to Nokia Care: Nokia store's free content is accessible through the app.
- Access to business directory: The app receives SMS with the company details by providing company name, city (optional) area (optional) as input.
- Cinemas: Application would allow to get cinemas schedule as SMS and to get the upcoming films user has to enter email id and user will get the upcoming films data to their email address.
- Get flight times: Application would allow to view the flight timing according to the selection and user will get the data by SMS.
- Exchange rate: Getting converted data of input is also easy.
- SMS to Radio: Application would allow sending SMS to selected radio in a selected city.
- Inspire: Users have the option to choose and send SMS using various categories like bible quotes, famous quotes, health tips, diet tips, horoscope and Service and can receive SMS as per their selection.
- Share App: Users also allows the users to send application to their friends by SMS and Email and BBM(BBM only for black berry).
- Go-See-Do: The buttons like Go, See, Do would redirect the users to a website. Users will select the city and then the available websites are presented to click and open.
- Survey: this option is linked to website and is optimized for mobile.
- Stanbic IBTC Pension Managers: Application would able to send RSAPIN and PASSCODE by SMS.
- Horoscope: User would be able to view the horoscope as per the selection by SMS.
- Contact Us: Send email for contact.
The application is having security built in the application so that only authorized users of the application will have access to the functionality exposed to them. The details of this security system have been defined in the application level requirements. The basic access to the application is through initial log in to the system.
Apart from Nokia and BlackBerry platforms (including Blackberry 10), the app is also available for Android and iOS platforms.