Tweaking a functionality or two on a MS-Access Application
Client approached us with his already running app and he wanted us to make some changes in it to help it work better.
Client was having an already running application in MS-Access. Basically this is a data entry windows application which is running on his domain to serve all the users. The client is working with Instar Client's “Insurance Domain” where the process of user enrollment is necessary. As there is a limited user access right with the MS-Access application, we were supposed to work on that and make it better.
This a windows application so there is no specific designing involved. We have used Microsoft technology .Net 4.0 with C# from front end and SQL server 2008 for back-end. We have put our best efforts in understanding the existing application which is developed in MS-Access, as we are not working with MS-Access applications so it’s a very good experience with this technology. As client is using huge data so we have put our best efforts in query optimization and performance tuning. We have successfully completed the initial development of this application. Next client is moving towards enhancement of this application that's why we are opening new project copy of this project.