The client approached us to develop an iPad application that enables the users to read magazines online on tablets while communicating with their servers. The client wanted to publish editions on a bi-monthly basis, which the users could access easily once they login into their account. Further, the client wanted to get subscription, notifications when any updates were available, download the edition and allow users to read it offline.
Working on the project, we developed an iPad application that prompts the user to login and allows him/her to navigate through all the editions posted by the company. The users would be able to select edition from the panel, view articles and rate them accordingly. Further, we provided the facility to explore the magazines even without an internet connection once one edition was downloaded.
Our developers employed Objective-C, Core Data, iPad, XCODE etc., technologies for this project. We provided the MVC architecture for reading the magazines online along with core data for storing the editions in an application database to enable users to read magazines editions & articles offline.
Overall, we provided following set of functionality in the iOS app -
- App was made accessible for the company employees only and prompted the user to login.
- App stored the login details within the app for auto login each time and kept track of statistics like reading articles, viewed articles, and the number of issues/editions downloaded.
- App displayed the news and articles fetched from the remote server.
- App allowed the users to navigate through all the editions posted by the company and select edition from the navigation panel and view available articles within the same panel.
- App had around 9 different template layouts to show articles with respect to the content and allowed users to scroll vertically in order to view the content. User can swipe the article page to view next and preview page.
- App allowed the users to navigate within the article content by scrolling down the screen and between the articles using horizontal touch slide.
- App allowed the users to rate each article.
iPhone & iPad