The client wanted us to design and develop a Magento shopping cart through which he can sell home furnishing products like furniture, bedding, lighting, rugs etc. The website needed to be user friendly and visually pleasing as well.
Magento is our forte and Magento designers and developers have already completed a range of successful projects. My Sweet Crib (www.mysweetcrib.com) is one among them. To complete the project, we have followed a well planned procedure.
Sweet & Mushy Design:
As the name of the web site suggests (My Sweet Crib), it is obvious the website’s look and feel needed to be sweet and mushy. Accordingly, we have decided to give a pinkish theme to the website. The logo carries the full name of the website and proffers more like a girlish feel with a lot of pink and white. The home page sliding banner dynamically calls various product images. Less text and more images have been used.
After completing all the designing tasks, we have concentrated on the development part. The site has been developed in Magento. After integrating the design, we have altered some of the default features to give it a more customized touch. The following functionalities have been integrated in the Magento site:
We have facilitated the website with an inherent gift registry with the following features and functionalities:
- Admin can create and manage multiple gift registries.
- He can add gifts to registries and move them between registries
- Users can leave comments on each gift and can share the registry on their social networking walls
- When an order is confirmed, the gift registry will indicate the date of event and address for shipping the gifts
- Admin can create a list of gift buyers that connects the buyers with the purchased gifts
- Users can search for gift registries
- Admin can track item status and view which items are which are pending to be shipped
- The registries will be protected with passwords
Gift Cards (aka gift certificates, gift vouchers, gift coupons) functionality is something that every merchant needs. Accordingly we have also included the functionality on MySweetCrib, which comes with the following features:
- Ability for admin to preview/print all gift cards
- Ability to enable/disable available types of gift cards ("E-mail Gift Card", "Print-Out Gift Card", "Send by post office")
- Ability to define which image to display on the Git Card: default image or the image from the product "Gift Card.
- Robust and sophisticated software implementation
- Email, Print-out, Send by Post Offices gift card types available
- Supports multi currencies
- Supports multi websites
- Ability to create gift cards with fixed prices. The price is specified by store admin, who can create as many such gift cards as needed
- Ability to specify the possible price range for the gift vouchers
- Full backend control: ability to create/edit gift cards through backend, resend them immediately, change status, etc.
- Ability to choose email templates for gift certificate emails
Magento's API shipping module allows the creation of UPS and Fedex shipments from within the admin. Shipments are created through the carrier's respective API, and a PDF of the shipping label is provided. All shipping data for the order is then written back to the system, including tracking information. Shipping accounts can be configured to bill to a 3rd party shipper account on a per website/store basis, and will utilize the shipping method set for the order. Shipping to multiple addresses is also supported (since this results in to creation of separate orders in the system). In addition, orders can be shipped in multiple packages (configurable at shipment).
A blank field has been provided on the order page wherein user can enter the name of the sales rep. An email will be sent to the admin consisting of order information along with the name of the sales rep entered by the user.