The client came to us with a requirement to design and develop a site that would work as an open source platform facilitating professionals and students to show their merit and skills. His idea behind devising this website is to give a fair place to genuine job seekers and employers to get hold with each other and know their skills instantly.
The design is not heavy as expected. The home page is having easily accessible links to registration and other static informative pages. The page is also having three slides that explain benefits using the platform. And when we talk about the development part, it needs to be added that To start with, we have added a registration form, whereby professionals and students will get register with the site and make profiles for themselves.
- After registering they can take up different tests available on the site. The test that have made available on site are: Education, Experience in field, GMAT or GRE, TOEFL or IELTS. If the user wants they can let the scores acquired displayed on their profile. The system ranks the students from 1 to 5. This also measure the truthfulness of the information in the Score Card by the users.
- Students are not ranked for experience because they don’t have one. So, they will be ranked separate from professionals.
- Students and professionals can upload their CV.
- A search panel has also been incorporated to search a user by name, profession or skills.
- Various webforms were developed for admin to manage the functionalities incorporated with the site.
- The admin does the ranking calculation is done as per input provided by students and parameters set in database of the website.
PHP, Design HTML & CSS, CakePHP