“Developing software is not a tiresome job, but making it bug free and fully functional is a considerable point for each software development organization. Following the SDLC process is the perfect way to develop effective software with the zero possibility of any bug and glitches.”
There are many world accepted & standardized software development methodologies which are utilized during the software development life cycle, also known as 'Software Development Process Models'. This fixed model follows specific steps to ensure the success in the software development project.
Each phase of the software development life cycle has its own importance, and produce the required product for the next phase of the SDLC. Here is the list of six major phases that are followed in every Software development life cycle:
1. Requirement gathering and analysis: Business needs are estimated in this phase. This phase is the main point of concern for the project managers as well as stakeholders. There is an arrangement of proper meetings among project managers, stakeholders and users in order to ensure the requirements like; Who is going to utilize the system? How will they utilize the system? What data they need to put into the system? What data should be output by the system? These are basic queries that get solved during this phase. Finally, a required document is made which serves the objective of guideline for the next phase of the model.
2. Designing: In this step, the system as well as software design is finalized from the requirement details which were prepared in the first step. This step is also helps in determining hardware and system needs and in defining overall system architecture. Additionally, this phase the tester comes up with the proper test strategy, where they mention what to test, how to test.
3. Coding: After receiving the final document of system designing, the work is separated in multiple units and coding is started. This step provides the requisite code for the software development. This is the longest phase of the software development life cycle.
4. Testing: Once the code is prepared, it is tested against the requirements to ensure that the product is actually meeting the needs of the clients. During this step all types of functional testing like unit testing, integration testing, system testing, acceptance testing are done as well as non-functional testing is also done.
Read more: How does software testing work?
5. Deployment: Once the testing is over, product is delivered to the client for their use. When the product is delivered to the clients they will first do the beta testing. If any changes they need, or if any bugs are found, then bugs are fixed with the help of software development professionals, and thereafter the final deployment will happen.
6. Support and Maintenance: Once the users start using the developed software, the actual issues comes up and needs to be solved with real time. This process where the care is taken promptly for the developed software is called maintenance.
Read more: 6 Stages of software development process
All the aforementioned steps are crucial during the Software Development Methodologies. Follow these steps adequately, and get your desired software in a cost effective manner.
At SynpaseIndia, we offers the top-notch software devlelopers in India to accomodate your next big software development process easily & smoothly.