6 Stages of Software Development Process
“ As the world became more and more dependent on technology with each passing day, software automatically became an important organ for development. Since software is needed almost everywhere today, its development is a highly intelligent and precise process, involving various steps. Known as software development life cycle, these steps include planning, analysis, design, development & implementation, testing and maintenance. These steps go on to create the perfect software for clients. ”
It’s pretty evident that technology is accelerating at a rapid pace and humans are becoming further dependent on it for every purpose. And with every new day, software development is becoming more and more crucial since the demand for software is fast rising from every corner imaginable. In fact, almost every machine that we use can be a by-product of some software empowering it. And going by the recent trends in the market, software development in India is quite a bustling scene, what with India providing a huge chunk of software intelligence that’s required to make this process successful.
The process of software development services in India goes through a series of stages in step wise fashion that almost every developing company follows. Known as the ‘software development life cycle,’ these six steps include planning, analysis, design, development & implementation, testing & deployment and maintenance. Let’s study each of these steps to know how the perfect software is developed.
1. Analysis: Detailed analysis of the software is performed to identify overall requirements of client. This step is necessary to make adjustments and to ensure that software functions properly at the end.
2. Design: Once the analysis is complete, the step of designing takes over, which is basically building the architecture of the project. This step helps remove possible flaws by setting a standard and attempting to stick to it.
3. Development: Expert software developers start the actual software development process. The required components and functionalities of software are created in this very stage.
4. Testing: The testing stage assesses the software for errors and documents bugs if there are any.
5. Implementation: This stage is crucial for running the developed software assessed by all the stakeholders. This is to ensure the complete level of customer satisfaction.
6. Maintenance: Once the software passes through all the stages without any issues, a maintenance process is followed wherein it will be maintained and upgraded from time to time to adapt to changes. Almost every software development Indian company follows all the six steps, leading to the reputation that the country enjoys in the software market today.
In order to build quality software, relevant information is collected from the client. This is required to to know the overall purpose of software and target audience. Project managers and stakeholders follow efficient communication strategy to hold daily and periodic meetings with clients for data gathering. Once collected, the requirements are analysed and decide how the software will perform. Software development experts also check feasibility of development of software and understand expectations of clients based on gathered data.
The actual software development process is the main crux of the whole software development life cycle. The stage involves tasks of developing a software based on data gathered, analysis done, and design prepared in earlier stages.
An efficient team of software developers perform the detailed process of coding and add required functionalities. The overall process of developing a software is not confined to one particular industry only. The complete 6 stages of software development process is same for a varied range of industries like the following:
Another crucial phase of software development life cycle is testing. It helps to find bugs and any kind of error in the software and fixe the same. The testing stage is basically helpful to ensure the quality assurance factor of the software developed for the client. The software development service teams perform process & product audits along with testing during development and before delivery. Software developers also perform unit testing to make sure your product is not exposed to bugs.
Finally, after all the testing phases, final implementation of software is done by expert professionals. The software is run to see whether all the functions work properly or not. Successful implementation of project is ideally carried out by software development company that features a list of reliable technology partners.
Maintenance of software created for client is required to fix issues, set major updates, and improve functionality with changing times. It is for the better use of software for clients and ensure system running smoothly.
The software development life cycle process is a thorough method to control and manage the software on a high level. The set procedure is appropriately followed no matter, whichever technology is used for the project that may include the following:
The cost of software development services in India is comparatively lower than in other countries, making it a much sought after destination today. Custom software development in India is a big hit among clients who are able to get their business needs fulfilled at highly cost-effective rates.
Looking for an experienced software development team!! Please contact us
Software Development Company India
Custom Software Development
Software Development Process
Software Development India
Offshore Software Development
Software Development Services