Client approached us to design and develop an online store selling jewellery. The ecommerce website with integrated shopping cart needed to be developed in Magento. This is a UK based online store offering a range of delectable including rings, bracelets, necklaces, earrings, watches etc.
The team worked hard and every minute detail was discussed. Intense synchronization between designers and developers has been taken care of so that the product comes out to be a real nice one. We ensured that the end user finds this online store elegant as well as user friendly and it also is compatible to latest search engine standards and yet looks stylish.
The website essentially functions like this:
- A user needs to register with the site before purchasing anything. The integrated fields to be filled up by the prospected customer using various credentials are - username/password, name, address, phone number, zipcode, etc. After registration, they can log-in using the same credentials. Email IDs can also be used for registration, which is also useful to retrieve the forgotten password.
- Users can view and edit their account details like shipping, billing address etc.
- They can view the details of the product available on the site; while narrowing down their search by selecting various categories and sub-categories is also possible.
- The homepage will show notifications whenever a new product was added.
- There are messages for products that are out of stock
- Users can add products in the shopping cart and can pay for them while checking them out. If they do not buy it while checking out, their search results can be saved and referred to later.
- They can view an invoice, stating the actual price including or excluding all taxes and additional costs of the product(s) they are going to buy. After successful purchasing of a product, the product inventory will be updated.
The admin enjoys the following attributes:
- A cool front-end cannot stand still without a strong back-end; so, we have implemented the following functionalities to help the admin keep a keen control over the website:
- The admin can manage (add/delete/modify) product categories and product sub-categories on the site. We have enabled the administrator to add unlimited number of product categories and sub-categories on the website
- The admin can keep a track of the available stock. The admin can manage (add/delete/modify) available products on the site. He/she can add product name and description along with an image of the same; and can upload bulk product information by importing excel files
- The price list, offers, discounts and "on sale" items will also be managed by the admin. He/she will assign the value of items and will also decide upon the referral rewards value.
- The admin can scan the products ordered or purchased and generate an invoice after payment. He/she can also manage the users. He/she can add/delete/modify registered users.