Website for 'LAPS' Using PHP – Electronic
The client came to us with his existing WordPress based site and wanted us to tweak a few functionalities to help it work better.
Local Area Protective Services (LAPS) provides a vast range of Electronic Security Solutions as well as Perimeter Impact Security packages to provide each property with a true “Target Hardening” approach for total Security.
We have done extensive customization of WP-ecommerce plugin and vTiger CRM integration. However, in a later instance, after having detailed discussions with the client, we decided that woocommerce plug-in will suit well with the client’s requirement. While, for the vTiger integration, client has provided us a code that has been easily integrated with the woocommerce plug-in.
To manage most of his informative pages related to his products, we have provided him an admin section from where he can easily manage the section. The client has also requested us to enable a functionality where the banner slider will show products about a particular category, when they selects a category. Accordingly, we have integrated a plugin to facilitate this functionality.
On an outset, following are the features and functionalities that were been available for the front as well as backend of the site.
- Category wise product listing.
- Slider integration in the homepage and categories pages.
- vTiger integration in the contact us page and the product inquiry page.
- Responsive gallery integration.
- Customization of wp-ecommerce plug-in but on discussion with client we understand the woocommerce is best suited in this project.
- Can manage header slider against each of top level product categories & home page.
- Can manage the news & events section of the website.
- Can manage product categories.
- Can manage product with the galleries and downloaded PDF file.
- Can manage the content available on the static pages of the website
We have designed the homepage design as per the web2.0 standard and the inside pages as per the homepage. The challenge was to make the website compatible with mobile browsers. So we have taken responsive web design endeavors to achieve this goal.
PHP, Wordpress, WooCommerce